There are lots of ways to get involved with Maryland Families for Safe Birth and we encourage you to take a look around to see what might be right for you.
- Events Team: Plans events across the state to raise awareness of our mission and raise funds to support our activities. We especially need volunteers for this team, particularly those with energy and ideas for fundraising.
- Legislative Team: Works to prepare for the next legislative session, proposes legislation that supports our mission, plans lobby days in Annapolis.
- Outreach Team: Partners with local and national organizations and business who support our mission to increase our community and legislative impact and works to diversify our support base.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form to sign up and let us know you’d like to volunteer!
Take part in MFSB Events!
Upcoming events in 2019 include the annual MFSB Lobby Day and our first Baltimore Birth Festival. Past events have included our Online Auction, Savers FunDrive, open board meetings, rallies, a Miles for Midwives 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk, an Evidence-Based Birth seminar, tabling at birth fairs, community meetings, and more! There is something for everyone, and there are lots of great opportunities to show your support for MFSB and help raise funds for our lobbying efforts.
Contact your legislators
See the Contact Your Legislators page for more information about the legislative and regulatory changes MFSB is promoting and what you can do to help. MFSB encourages you to let your elected representatives know that these issues are important to you and your family and that access to birth options impacts your quality of life in Maryland.
Stay In Touch
- Click here for our Contact Us page, where you can sign up for our mailing list, volunteer, submit your questions and suggestions, report any issues with this website, and more.
- Check our Events Calendar for all our upcoming activities and watch for future MFSB Community Meetings where you can meet with other supporters of safe birth for all families, share ideas, and plan for future actions, fundraisers, legislative agendas, and more.
- See the Contact Your Legislators page for talking points and resources for how to locate and contact your MD state senator and delegates and let them know how important this issue is to you and to all Maryland families.
- Like and Follow us on Facebook to see more posts of interest and interact with the MFSB community.