There are lots of ways to get involved with Maryland Families for Safe Birth and we encourage you to take a look around to see what might be right for you.
MFSB supporters are encouraged to join one of our teams!
- Events Team: Plans events across the state to raise awareness of our mission and raise funds to support our activities. We especially need volunteers for this team, particularly those with energy and ideas for fundraising.
- Legislative Team: Works to prepare for the next legislative session, proposes legislation that supports our mission, plans lobby days in Annapolis.
- Outreach Team: Partners with local and national organizations and business who support our mission to increase our community and legislative impact and works to diversify our support base.
MFSB Events in 2018
- Open Board Meeting – Friday, January 19: You are invited to sit in on a Board Meeting to see what happens behind the scenes! We would love to meet you. See the Event Calendar for more details.
- Lobby Day 2018: On Wednesday, February 7, 2018, our army of supporters (moms, their partners, and little ones) will be gathering in Annapolis to make our voices heard. We will be lobbying for our Maternal Data Transparency Bill, ways to reduce Maryland’s cesarean section rates, and decreasing racial disparities in maternal care. This is a great opportunity to meet with your own elected representatives and let them know how important these issues are to you. Check the Event Calendar and watch for updates!
- Support House Joint Resolution 10: The hearing for our Cesarean Resolution is Monday, March 5, 2018 at 3 pm in the House Rules and Executive Nominations Committee. We need as much written testimony as possible to support this bill. Why is it important to lower the Cesarean rate? How is the high Cesarean rate in MD affecting our women and families? Has it affected you personally? Please contact your legislators and the committee members to voice your support for House Joint Resolution 10 – Decreasing Surgical Births. Passing this resolution will open the door for future legislative efforts, as it is a formal recognition by the legislature that they are committed to action on this issue. Let’s make this happen!!! Read the full text of the Cesarean Resolution bill HERE.
- Be the Change: Baltimore: Join MFSB and Dr. Rebecca Dekker of Evidence Based Birth® for this special event on Sunday, March 25, 2018 at the Womb Room in Baltimore. See the Event Calendar listing for more information and a link to registration!
- Online Auction: Help us continue our legislative work and pay our lobbyist. We are currently soliciting items and services for our Spring online auction. Can you donate restaurant gift cards or other goods/services? Follow our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Savers FunDrive: After success in Fall 2017, we will hold another Savers FunDrive in Spring 2018. You will be able to help raise funds for MFSB just by clearing out your unwanted items! Be on the lookout for more announcements.
Stay In Touch
- Click here for our Contact Us page, where you can sign up for our mailing list, volunteer, submit your questions and suggestions, report any issues with this website, and more.
- Check our Events Calendar for upcoming MFSB Community Meetings where you can meet with other supporters of safe birth for all families, share ideas and plan for future actions, fundraisers, legislative agendas, etc.
- See the Contact Your Legislators page for talking points and resources for how to locate and contact your state senator and delegates and let them know how important this issue is to you and to all Maryland families.
- Like and Follow us on Facebook to see more posts of interest and interact with the MFSB community.